- Wed 5/22 Block 1: French 3, Maroon 1.
- Wed 5/22 Block 2: French 2, Maroon 2.
- Wed 5/22 Block 3: French 2, Maroon 3.
- Wed 5/22 Block 4: free for students, orals for CAH.
- Thu 5/23 Block 1: free for students, orals for CAH.
- Thu 5/23 Block 2: students take White 1 exams, CAH grades exams.
- Thu 5/23 Block 3: French 1, White 2.
- Thu 5/23 Block 4: free for students, orals for CAH.
- Fri 5/24 Block 1: French 1, White 3.
- Fri 5/24 Block 2: French 1, White 4.
Written exams for French 1, 2, and 3 will consist of three sections:
- Vocabulary (4 pages)
- Verb conjugation (2 pages)
- Translation (2 pages)
Vocabulary sections will include 120 words/phrases, with one third from first semester's vocab lists and two thirds from second semester's vocab lists. Students will translate 60 words/phrases from French to English, then 60 words from English to French.
Verb conjugation sections will test the following verb knowledge:
- French 1: present and past tense conjugation (see pages R24–R27).
- French 2: present, past, imperfective, and future conjugation (R38–R47)
- French 3: present, past imperfective, future, conditional, and subjunctive conjugation (R40–R54).
Translation sections will offer the following challenges:
- French 1: Translate 10 sentences from French to English, 10 sentences from English to French.
- French 2: Translate 10 sentences from French to English, 10 sentences from English to French.
- French 3: Translate 8 passages from assigned news articles from French to English.
Spelling, accent marks, articles, and gender count whenever students are answering in French.
Students must answer 4 out of 5 questions correctly on each page of the written exam to receive full credit for that page. In other words, students may skip 1 out of 5 questions... or guess wildly on 1 out of 5 questions with no penalty for an incorrect response. Students who answer more than 4 out of 5 questions correctly will receive bonus points. One exception: In the French 3 translation, students must translate 3 out of 4 passages on each page.