[30 minutes] Last Special Verb Quiz! Know definitions, present conjugations, and past participles of these 13 verbs:
[30 minutes] Practice Oral Exam Questions!
[30 minutes] Practice Past Tense!
- First, CAH asks "Qu'est-ce que tu as fait hier?" Students respond in past tense, write down answers after they give them.
- Then review the practice sentences we put up last time, focusing on past forms:
|1||They are holding the cards.||They held the cards.|
|2||Are you coming back?||Have you come back?|
|3||We are trying on the swim fins.||We tried on the swim fins.|
|4||Are you helping Papa?||Did you help Papa?|
|5||The cat is not dying.||The cat did not die.|
|6||I am not killing the computer.||I did not kill the computer|
|7||The students do not know the teacher well.||The students did not know the teacher well.|
|8||Why aren't you staying in Paris?||Why didn't you stay in Paris?|
|9||We're putting the flowers here.||We put [past] the flowers here.|
|10||Juliette isn't going out tonight.||Juliette didn't go out last night.|
|11||I am stopping the car.||I stopped the car.|
|12||Are you leaving Marseille?||Have you left Marseille?|
|13||We aren't sleeping much.||We didn't sleep much.|
- Then drill with improv sentences on p. R27.
Les Devoirs: encore, rien! parce que tout le monde a besoin d'étudier pour un examen, cette fois du passé composé!
- Thursday's past tense quiz will include verbs that take avoir and verbs that take être in the past tense.
- The quiz will include regular -er, -ir, and -re verbs.
- The quiz will include verbs that have irregular past participles.
- See p. R27, p. 238, 240, 262, and 274.