DUE: Les Devoirs: Write out pp. 153–154 Exercises 4, 6, and 7
[5 minutes] Oral Warm-Up!
- Trio up, ask each other what you are doing tonight: Qu'est-ce que tu fais ce soir?
- Then go around and read your answers for Exs. 4, 6, and 7 to each other, check where you disagree!
[10 minutes] Vocab and Grammar Practice: Read homework responses aloud.
[15 minutes] Oral Grammar Practice: faire!
- CAH asks Qu'est-ce que tu fais en...[moi ou saison]?
- Student repsonds with Je fais....
- CAH gives a new grammatical subject; next student must reword the previous students answer to say nous or il or elles also (aussi!) do that same activity! We're conjugating faire!
[30 minutes] Question words! p. 156
- Est-ce que: open a yes-no question
- Qu'est-ce que: what...
- Qui: who
- Quand: when
- Pourquoi: why
- Où: where
- Comment: how
- Address possible confusing words (like où vs. ou, où vs. qui)
- Do p. 156 Ex. 11 together
- Write questions and your answers to p. 157 Ex. 13.
- Write a question for each of the above seven question forms that you could logically ask another student in class. Be ready to use those questions in oral practice next time!
...and think Vocab Quiz 5.1 not next time, but time after!