[30 minutes] Vocab Quiz 4.2!
[60 minutes] Review for Chapter 4 Grammar Quiz!
For the quiz you're taking next time, I want you to know five things:
- How to express need with avoir besoin de (j'ai besoin de, tu as besoin de, il a besoin de...) and il me faut (p. 125)
- How to conjugate -re verbs (p. 116)
- How to conjugate -ger/-cer verbs (p. 118)
- How to conjugate the accent-changing verbs (the verbs that add accents grave in the 1-2-3-6 forms; a.k.a. the shoe verbs, boot verbs, sheep verbs; p. 128)
- How to use adjectives as nouns (p. 130).
In-Class Assignment: Translate the following 30 sentences into French! Show them to CAH by end of period for full credit!
My sisters need to study.
|Do you sell t-shirts?|
|I need a pencil.||We are selling our books.|
|Do you need a pen?||Are you waiting for Mom?|
|Marie needs some sneakers.||They are answering the prof.|
|Do you need erasers?||I hear my dog.|
|We need to go to the library.||He's losing his book.|
accent grave verbs
|We are placing the TV here (ici).||We are raising our hands (les mains).|
|We are correcting our homework.||They are raising their hands.|
|We pronounce French well!||She prefers French.|
|We eat croissants.||We prefer German.|
|We are starting the test.||Are you buying some ice cream?|
|We are disturbing our parents.||I am buying some ice cream.|
adjectives as pronouns
|I like the green t-shirt, not the red one.|
|They need the French dictionary, not the Spanish one.|
|We like the little binders, not the big ones.|
|Do you want (voulez) the black pens or the blue ones?|
|I want (veux) the white sneakers, not the gray ones.|
|He wants (veut) the new calculator, not the old one.|
Les Devoirs: rien... mais étudiez beaucoup pour l'examen de grammaire la prochaine fois!
- Also, if you do not finish the above sentences in class, you must finish them and submit the remaining sentences to me by the end of the next class period!
- After you have finished writing all 30 sentences, check your work with this handy answer key.