[10 minutes] Command practice! Students form quartets and trios; each student gets to give the others three commands from the list on p. 20; students must follow the command, showing clearly that they understand what was being said.
- CAH checks homework during this practice time.
- Students write sentences on the board
[20 minutes] Grammar: Masculine, feminine, plural indefinite articles: un, une, des, de (p. 24)
- Discuss grammatical gender (not just about guys and gals, birds -- les oiseaux, m. -- and bees -- les abeilles, f.!)
- Bonus! General rules on distinguishing masculine and feminine nouns.
- Discuss un and une as a/an, des/de as some/any
- Practice together with p. 24 Exs. 40 & 41
[20 minutes] CAH conducts Alphabet Quiz in hall!
- Each student comes out to hall, recites French alphabet to CAH
- Students in classroom study vocabulary
Les Devoirs: rien... but study hard for Vocab Quiz 1.2!