French 2: Thursday September 27 2012 Lesson Plan

DUE: Les Devoirs: write all vocab words and phrases on pp. 42, 43, and 45 four times.

[10 minutes] Vocabulary Practice! Students pair up, quiz each other on Vocab List 2.1

  • CAH checks homework during this time
[20 minutes] More Vocab Practice! 
  1. Do p. 44 Exs. 1, 2, & 3 together.
  2. Students pair up, prepare mini-dialogue based on parts given on p. 45, Ex. 4, present to class.
[30 minutes] Direct Object Pronouns! p. 46
  • Recall "I love you"?
  • Practice forms: me, te, le/la, nous, vous, les (no change with us and y'all!)
  • Emphasize placement before the verb. Je la regarde = "I her am watching"!
  • Note possible elision/apostrophization in all singular forms (again, "I love you"!).
  • Practice together with pp. 46-47 Exs. 6 & 7
Les Devoirs: Translate the following sentences. Et faites attention: you do not have to translate the helping verbs! They are included in the normal French present tense: e.g., "I am reading" translates as "Je lis," not "Je suis* lire*" or some other un-French compounded verb monstrosity! 
  1. I'm eating a sandwich. I like it.
  2. Are you eating an ice cream? Do you like it?
  3. That's Bob. Élise is watching him.
  4. That's Élise. Bob is watching her.
  5. We are waiting for y'all.
  6. Are y'all waiting for us?
  7. Where are Bob and Élise? I am waiting for them.
  8. Where are Élise and Émilie? Jean is waiting for them.
  9. My mom loves me
  10. I love her.
  11. We love you, Sébastien!
  12. Victor loves you, Julienne!
  13. My friends! The teacher is listening to y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your questions and comments. I also read them first before posting them.