[10 minutes] Vocabulary Practice! Students pair up, quiz each other on Vocab List 2.1
- CAH checks homework during this time
[20 minutes] More Vocab Practice!
- Do p. 44 Exs. 1, 2, & 3 together.
- Students pair up, prepare mini-dialogue based on parts given on p. 45, Ex. 4, present to class.
[30 minutes] Direct Object Pronouns! p. 46
- Recall "I love you"?
- Practice forms: me, te, le/la, nous, vous, les (no change with us and y'all!)
- Emphasize placement before the verb. Je la regarde = "I her am watching"!
- Note possible elision/apostrophization in all singular forms (again, "I love you"!).
- Practice together with pp. 46-47 Exs. 6 & 7
Les Devoirs: Translate the following sentences. Et faites attention: you do not have to translate the helping verbs! They are included in the normal French present tense: e.g., "I am reading" translates as "Je lis," not "Je suis* lire*" or some other un-French compounded verb monstrosity!
- I'm eating a sandwich. I like it.
- Are you eating an ice cream? Do you like it?
- That's Bob. Élise is watching him.
- That's Élise. Bob is watching her.
- We are waiting for y'all.
- Are y'all waiting for us?
- Where are Bob and Élise? I am waiting for them.
- Where are Élise and Émilie? Jean is waiting for them.
- My mom loves me.
- I love her.
- We love you, Sébastien!
- Victor loves you, Julienne!
- My friends! The teacher is listening to y'all!