[10 minutes] Review numbers and greetings.
[10 minutes] Students practice reading Vocab bubbles to each other; practice with at least three different partners, doing each side of the conversation in each pairing.
- CAH checks homework during this time
- Note Vocab Quiz coming meeting after next, over greetings and numbers
[15 minutes] Connect students to Google Docs Vocab Sheets!
- Students type e-mail username on shared sheet; CAH uses this text document to generate invites and open Google Doc Homegrown Vocab spreadsheet to students.
[20 minutes] More numbers!
- p. 10: add 13-30 to our counting
- Do Ex. 11 together -- write numbers down!
- Do Exs. 12-13 together
[15 minutes] Age! p.11!
- CAH leads examples, then students practice with each other.
- Note pronouns: j'ai, tu as, il a, elle a
Les Devoirs: Quel âge as-tu?
- Interview six classmates in French, find out their age, write down how old they are (in complete sentences, writing out the numbers as words!
- [added Sept 6! Maroon 2 students may complete this task by Tues., Sept 11] Add your ten words from the first vocab lookup assignment to the Homegrown Vocab list on Google Docs. Include English word, French word (with special characters!), your name and section (M2, W2, W4), and any useful notes.