[but we changed plans, since a good majority of students appeared not to be ready. ]
Les Devoirs: Présentations! Find an interesting French-language document that includes a map of Paris or some part of Paris.
- Possibilities: guides to Le Metro, parks, museums, government buildings, train stations, public facilities...
- Save a copy on your computer that you can mark up, zoom in and out on, and include in a presentation. (One option: paste screen shots into a Word/OneNote/PowerPoint document.)
- Highlight at least ten sentences that you can translate from French into English without much help from the dictionary.
- Present your document and map on the Smart Board!
- Presentation should include your reading those ten sentences in French, then explaining the text in French and/or English, as suitable.
- PREPARE! Know what you are going to say, in both French and English.
- PREPARE! Practice delivering your text in a loud, clear, confident voice.
- PREPARE! Practice using your computer and moving around among whatever documents/windows you are including in your presentation.
- PREPARE! Make us think you know what you are talking about.