[5 minutes] Administrivia: lay out general December schedule:
- Vocab Quiz 4.1 next time (Wed/Thu!)
- Vocab Quiz 4.2 probably week of Dec. 10
- Chapter 4 Grammar Quiz probably week of Dec. 17
- After Christmas break: four fun-filled days of review for Semester Final!
[25 minutes] New Grammar: -ger/cer verbs! p.118
- This isn't that complicated!
- In the nous forms of these -er verbs, the -ons ending would make the -g- and -c- hard: nous mangons*, nous commencons*. Bad, bad bad!
- The French want the verb root in all six forms to sound the same.
- To preserve the soft -g- sound, they add an -e-: nous mangeons.
- To preserve the soft -c- sound, they add a cedilla: nous commençons.
- Practice with p. 118 Exs. 12 & 13.
[25 minutes] Vocabulary 4.1 Review
- Drill times: CAH reads in French, students write down times in numerals.
- Drill days: every student recites!
- Drill other vocab: face to face!
Les Devoirs: rien, mais étudiez fort pour l'examen de vocabulaire 4.1!