- p. 95 Ex. 28 (yes, write the whole dialogue).
- Write ten original sentences using the possessive pronouns listed on p. 94. You must use each of the six basic forms at least once; in other words:
- At least one sentence must have mon, ma, or mes.
- At least one sentence must have ton, ta, or tes.
- At least one sentence must have son, sa, or ses.
- At least one sentence must have notre or nos.
- At least one sentence must have votre or vos.
- At least one sentence must have leur or leurs.
- Students work on p. 92 Exercises 22 & 23 together: One student says question, other student gives answer.
- CAH checks homework during this time.
- Students then read answers in full group.
- CAH leads students in listen/response practice with Ex. 21
[15 minutes] Grammar Practice: Possessives!
- Review homework au tableau.
- The French have no apostrophe + s! To say "John's dog," they must say, "the dog of John": le chien de Jean!
- de combines with le and les, just as à does!
- the teacher's chair: la chaise *de + *le prof = le livre du prof
- the computer's screen: l'ecran de l'ordinateur (no contraction!)
- the girl's book: le livre de la fille (no contraction!)
- the boys' cards: les cartes *de + *les garçons = les cartes des garçons
|1. her half-sister||21. your (tu) aunts|
|2. your (vous) grandson||22. my wife|
|3. Claude's grandson||23. your (vous) nieces|
|4. my grandpa||24. his children|
|5. the boy's grandpa||25. their brother|
|6. his grandparents||26. the student's brother|
|7. her cousin (f)||27. your (tu) grandma|
|8. their husband||28. your (vous) grandchildren|
|9. our cat||29. his dogs|
|10. the girls' cat||30. the girl's dogs|
|11. your (vous) stepmother||31. her sisters|
|12. her uncle||32. the boy's sisters|
|13. Marie's uncle||33. their parents|
|14. our daughters||34. my father|
|15. my son||35. the girl's father|
|16. the teacher's son||36. our stepfather|
|17. your (tu) cousins (m)||37. our nephew|
|18. their granddaughter||38. your (tu) family|
|19. his mother||39. the boys' family|
|20. the child's mother||40. the girls' family|