[45 minutes] Vocabulary Practice
- Drill pronunciation with CAH!
- Drill pronunciation and meanings face à face!
- Do pp. 98–99 Exs. 1, 3, and 4 together out loud.
- p. 98 Ex. 2: each student picks one picture, thinks up at least three sentences to describe what is happening in each.
[25 minutes] New Grammar: Adjective placement affecting meaning! p. 104
- Some French adjectives have different meanings depending on whether they come before the noun they describe or after!
- ancien: former/ancient
- certain: some/sure
- cher: dear/expensive
- dernier: last/previous
- grand: great/tall
- pauvre: unfortunate/unwealthy
- propre: own/clean
- sale: nasty-smutty/dirty
- seul: only/lonely
- vrai: real/true
- Practice with p. 105 Ex. 18
Les Devoirs: Write 20 sentences using these shifting adjectives!
- Use each of the shifting adjectives twice, once before a noun, once after a noun!
- Use at least one different vocab word in each sentence!