[10 minutes] Oral Vocab Practice: Students ask each other "Où est-ce que on peut acheter...?"
[30 minutes] Verb Conjugation Practice! One of the struggles on the last grammar quiz was remembering the verbs. Let's review:
- Students copy this chart, write the je and nous forms of the given verbs.
- Do as many as possible from own knowledge, then consult textbook and WordReference.com Verb Conjugator for help.
- You get points for this chart! Students must show CAH this completed chart for points before starting grocery skit practice!
[50 minutes] work on...
Les Devoirs: Grocery Adventure Skit! Present Wednesday, Nov. 7
- In trios, write original conversations relating to a shopping trip.
- First, two people at home decide they need some groceries. Tell us why, and tell us what!
- Minimum five items! That allows the shopkeepers (see below) to give four different directions, then to say "We're out!" of a fifth item.
- Head out to at least two different shops!
- Each shopper meets a shopkeeper; they greet each other.
- Shopper must say, "I need X amount of grocery Y. Where is/are Y?"
- Shopkeeper must give different directions (see direction words, p. 97) for four of the groceries.
- Shopkeeper must say that he/she doesn't have any or is out of one of the items (use the partitive! "Nous n'avons pas de..." or "Il n'y a pas de..."). And be sure to express regret!
- Shoppers come home, say what they got!
- Vocabulary should focus on terms from Chap. 3 and previous!
- If you rely heavily on terms not learned so far, please provide a glossary of key terms on the board (maximum five!)