- interdire (Note that interdire takes de before the verb being forbidden and à before the person being forbidden to do it.)
- Write each of these 13 verbs' conjugations.
- Write one original sentence using each of these verbs.
[10 minutes] Conjugation Practice! Students write conjugations of these 13 verbs au tableau (CAH checks homework at this time).
[25 minutes] Drill meanings: CAH leads oral drill:
- CAH says infinitive, students give meaning.
- CAH says subject+conjugated verb, students give meaning.
- CAH says full sentence, students translate to English.
[25 minutes] Translation+Conjugation Practice: Students write selected sentences from homework au tableau, translate and correct.
- Then CAH changes subjects, students re-conjugate verbs.
[30 minutes] Translation Practice! Students translate the following eleven sentences by the end of class with all computers off!
- Mr. H. forbids students from playing video games in class.
- My teacher says that (que) I should [conjugate devoir!] read some good books.
- Mom is cooking some bacon.
- Wisconsin produces lots of cheese.
- We are driving to Laramie Saturday.
- Louis and Angelique are laughing.
- Their parents are smiling.
- When we proofread our homework, we don't drink coffee.
- Claude and Pascal, write to your cousins!
- Students, please describe French class.
- My grandparents are building a new house.
Les Devoirs: rien à écrire, mais étudiez comme fou pour l'examen de cettes 13 verbes mercredi! Conjuguez et traduisez!