[30 minutes] Present Participles!
- page 372: the rule! Rather like imperfective: use the nous form, drop -ons, add -ant. Then use it as an adjective!
- Remember: the present participle -ant form is not an excuse to start using it as a conjugated verb with être as a helping verb!
- This About page is really useful, with lots of examples of how to use the present participle.
- Practice with pp. 372–373 Exs. 13, 14, 15.
Les Devoirs: Write ten sentences in which you say something like you saw or heard your classmates doing something.
- e.g.: J'ai vu Monsieur Heidelberger vrombissant en vélo.
- Write one sentence for each of your classmates, then one about Mr. H!
- Each sentence must use a different verb as the present participle (i.e., you can't write ten sentences about people mangeant).