[15 minutes] Review passé composé!
- Students share and check answers on Shared Google Doc!
- Be sure to include those accents aigus (-é at ends of -er verb past participles)! Use the Insert>Special characters... menu.
- CAH checks homework during this time.
[30 minutes] Oral Vocabulary Practice: Party Prep Skit!
- In pairs or trios, students prepare a skit about getting ready for a party.
- Each participants must say five sentences!
- Use as much of Vocab List 2.2 as you can; we are reviewing for the quiz next time!
- 15 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to present.
[40 minutes] passé composé with être! p. 60
- Review: most French verbs use avoir for the past tense helping verb
- Some French verbs take être for the past tense helping verb.
- There are numerous ways to memorize these verbs (see, for example, DR & MRS VANDERTRAMP or Mon Prof VAN DER SMART; or la maison d'être).
- CAH recommends just thinking "Verbs of Motion... sort of!"
- Oral Practice: Où est-ce que tu es allé(e) hier? Expand to ask where other people went.
- Writing: note that with être as helping verb, participle must agree in gender (add -e for ladies) and number (add -s for plural).
- Practice with Ex. 32
- p. 61 Exs. 33 & 34 (yes, of course you write out complete sentences!)
- Study like crazy for Vocab Quiz 2.2 on lundi, le 15 octobre! La prochaine fois!