[25 minutes] Vocab 2.1 Drill and Skit
- 5 minutes: students drill each other in pairs or trios on Vocab on pp. 42–45
- CAH checks homework during this time
- Then students prepare brief skit revolving around preparing for a party or holiday.
- Each student must say four lines.
- Use the vocab!
- Each team presents in class after ten minutes prep/practice.
[15 minutes] Review Direct Object Pronouns! p. 46
- Students enter their sentences from les devoirs on Smart Board Sharing Doc.
- Highlight all direct object pronouns!
- Review correct translations.
- Ask students to reword sentences for different direct objects.
- Review English grammar: indirect object receives the action: I am baking her a cake!
- Note same forms as direct object pronouns in first and second person (me, te, nous, vous)
- Different in third person: lui and leur
- Order: dictated by form, not function! me-te-nous-vous first, then le-le-l'-les, then lui-leur.
- Practice with CAH sentences on board.
- pp. 48–49 Exs. 10 & 12 (yes, write complete sentences)
- Study for Vocab Quiz 2.1, which happens Thursday!