- I drove my car to Rapid City.
- I was driving my car to Rapid City when I saw the bus.
- I will drive my car to Rapid City.
- Liselle translated the book.
- Liselle was translating the book when she heard the bus.
- Liselle will translate the book tomorrow.
- We produced excellent presentations.
- We were producing excellent presentations when Mr. Morford entered the room.
- We will produce excellent presentations.
- The Egyptians built (constructed) the Pyramids.
- The Egyptians were building the Pyramids when extraterrestrials arrived.
- We will build new Pyramids.
- Did you roast (cuire!) some beef?
- Were you roasting some beef when I called?
- Will you roast some beef Saturday?
CAH scores these presentations according to the following grid:
|present video/audio clip|
|speak for at least 5 minutes|
|speak French well|
|translate reasonably into English|
[20 minutes] Grammar Review! Students share and review 15 past/imperfect/future sentence translations on Shared Google Doc!
[30–40 minutes] Reading/Pronunciation Practice: Le travail en France! Chroniques pp. 80–81.
- Give students five minutes to read and translate p. 80 on their own.
- Then have students read aloud, first the title and intro, then Les loisirs et la vie de famille and la protection sociale.
- Work on translation on the fly: what do we understand? What can we divine from context?
- Proceed to p. 81, Les jobs d'été and Les stages en enterprise if time allows.
Les Devoirs: Écrivez vos réponses aux questions "Après la lecture" p. 81.