- Handwrite each of these vocab words three times.
- Then, on a new page, make at least four columns for categories into which you will place each of the foods in this list. Possible categories:
- Dans la salade
- Dans le potage
- Sur la pizza
- Sur le sandwich
- Je ne le mange jamias! (I never eat it!)
- ...others of your own creation!
[10 minutes] Oral Vocab Practice: Students ask each other questions relevant to Vocab List 3.1:
- Quel est ton fruit préféré?
- Quel est ton légume préféré?
- Tu aimes faire cuire?
[15 minutes] Written Vocab Practice: Students write in class p. 84 Exs. 1 & 2.
[30 minutes] Grammar Practice: The Partitive! p. 86
- Remember, this is how the French say "some" or "not a specific thing or things."
- Use du, de la, de l', or des in affirmative sentences.
- Use just de with no other article in negative sentences saying we don't have any of the thing in question.
- Practice with pp. 86–87 Ex. 6 (write!) Ex. 7 (listen!), Ex. 8 (write!).
Les Devoirs: Recipe Skits!
- Prepare a brief skit in which you and an assistant prepare a meal.
- Each student must present his her own recipe (en français, bien sûr!) and assist another student in preparing another recipe.
- Each student must bring at least five clearly labeled (en français, bien sûr!) visual representations of the food items involved in the recipe. Other non-hazardous props are welcome.
- Present skits in class Thursday!
- Note to Mrs. Langer: contrary to whatever Tory tells you, students are not required to bring actual foodstuffs for this assignments.