Les Devoirs: Write all vocab terms covered on pp. 234–237...
- ...if the vocab words are pictured on pp. 234–235, write them three times and draw a picture to accompany the word!
- ...write any non-pictured words and phrases four times.
[5 minutes] Pronunciation warm-up: Students practice new vocab 7.2 in pairs!
- CAH checks vocab homework during this time.
[30 minutes] Oral Vocabulary Practice
- "Qu'est-ce que tu vas acheter pour ta mère/ton père/ton ami...?" (Students respond with an item from our vocab list.)
- "Combien ça coûte?" (Students respond with their best guess on price, based on a rough conversion of $1.31 to €1.00.)
- Then do p. 236 Exs. 22 and 24 together orally.
[45 minutes] New Grammar: The Past Tense/passé composé! p.238
- Put chart on p. 238 on board.
- Emphasize two parts: conjugate avoir, then add past participle (-é in French is like -ed in English).
- Emphasize pronunciation difference in first-person singluar between present and past.
- Do Exs. 27, 28, 29, and, as time allows, 30 together in class.
For example, suppose you have the verb chanter. I want to see two sentences, present and past:
- Nous chantons l'hymne nationale au match de basketball.
- Nous avons chanté l'hymne nationale au match de basketball.