DUE: Les Devoirs! Vocab List 7.1 pp. 222–225:
- Write all clothing vocab words three times and draw representative pictures thereof.
- Write all non-drawable words and phrases (including Exprimon-nous and Entre Copains) four times.
- Students write conjugations for porter, chercher, perdre, prendre, avoir, vouloir, boire, and dire.
- If in doubt, look up conjugations in back of book (R24–R25!) or on WordReference.com's verb conjugator.
- CAH checks vocab homework for completion during this time.
- Pick students to write conjugations on board.
[25 minutes] New Vocab Practice: Do pp. 224–225 Exs. 3, 1, 2, and 4 together.
[20 minutes] La Nouvelle Grammaire: Demonstrative Adjective! p. 226
- this and that = ce/cet, cette
- these and those = ces
- notice: ce becomes cet when it comes right before a word that starts with a vowel: cet anorak, cet ami.
- But watch out! This rule does not mean that you always use cet with masculine nouns that start with vowels! You say cet homme, but if an adjective intervenes, and that adjective starts with a consonant, cet goes back to ce: ce grand homme. And if you have a noun that starts with a consonant but then stick an adjective that starts with a vowel in front of it, ce becomes cet: cet ancien médecin.
- new vocab: I read form with definite article, students respond with proper demonstrative adjective
- For next time: Write p. 227 Exs. 8 & 9 (yes, write complete sentences).
- For jeudi, le 11 avril: Study for Vocab Quiz 7.1!