- Pick ten countries from Vocab List 10.1 (don't forget the extra countries on page R21!).
- Grab a world map (without any labels on it!) from the Web and hand-label (i.e., use your pen/stylus) the ten countries you have chosen with their names in the French spelling.
- Along with those labels, write a sentence for each country saying what you will do (future tense!) in that country.
[20 minutes] Pratiquons la géographie!
- Students go to SmartBoard with partners. One reads sentences, other points to and labels countries on world map (see also this version) as student reads.
- I will speak with the English girls.
- Will you finish your conversation with the German boys?
- The Italian boy will go to summer camp.
- We will see the Portuguese women.
- Will you travel abroad this summer?
- The Italian ladies will do some windsurfing.
- I will go hiking.
- Will you take a guided tour in New Zealand?
- The Spanish guy will go mountain-climbing in Switzerland.
- We will visit Russia.
- Will you be in Norway in June?
- My friends will visit their grandmother in Brazil by boat.
[15 minutes] Face-to-face vocab drill!
- Study for Vocab Quiz 10.1 (pp. 346–348 + countries on page R21!) jeudi, la prochaine fois!
- Write 20 original sentences in the future tense—i.e., saying somebody will do something!
- Ten sentences must use je as the subject (I will...).
- Ten sentences must use a different subject.
- Every sentence must use a different verb! (I would suggest starting with the Chapter 7 Vocab List on p. 265, using all the verbs there, then working backwards through our other vocab lists!)