[5 minutes] Written Grammar Warm-up! Each students picks one -er verb, one -ir verb, and one -re verb, conjugates each in the future tense.
[20 minutes] Oral Vocabulary Practice
- Students pair and practice with each other. One student says, "Je partirai en voyage à..." and finishes the sentence with a country. Partner says, "Avant de partir en voyage, il te faut..." or "Avant de partir, tu dois..." and follows with a word or phrase from our vocabulary.
- Then CAH leads same practice with full group. Each student must say something different from immediately preceding student.
- CAH follows up with vocab-related questions.
[45 minutes] Grammar Practice: More Future!
- Each student puts one verb from written warm-up on board.
- Then students ask each other in sequence, "Qu'est-ce que tu feras demain?" Students respond with sentence using one of verbs on board or on own written practice.
- Then all students practice with this grid:
Verb Grammar Review!
- Each student should make a four-by-four grid as follows:
- With verbs of their choosing, students fill in the grid with sentences showing the same action in these four different temporal forms. Par exemple:
|présent||passé composé (58, 60)||imparfait|
|verb of motion|
|verb #1: bouffer||Marie bouffe.||Marie a bouffé.||Marie bouffait.||Marie bouffera.|
|verb of motion: tomber||Nous tombons!||Nous sommes tombés!||Nous tombions!||Nous tomberons!|
- Complete the above 4x4 verb tense grid!
- Vocab Practice: Each student writes ten sentences about planning for a trip.
- Pick a country and a city therein.
- Use at least ten terms from Vocab List 10.2 to tell us what you will do to get ready for the trip.
- Write all ten sentences in the future tense ("I will buy... I will look for....")