DUE: Vocab 6.1 Writing and Drawing Practice!
- Write all vocab phrases in Exprimons-nous p. 185, Exprimons-nous p. 187, and Entre copains p. 189 four times.
- Write all vocab words and phrases in the pictures on pp. 184–185 three times.
- Include la crêpe! French students must know the word crêpe!
- Alongside all of the nouns for foods and table things, draw or paste a picture that clearly depicts each noun!
- Do all words and phrases in the order presented on pp. 185–189, not the incomplete alphabetical list on p. 213!
[15 minutes] Oral Warm-Up!
- Mme. Durst leads students in reading and repeating of all vocab words and phrases on pp. 185–189.
- Then students pair up, quiz each other over all words on Vocab List 6.1.
- Mme Durst checks homework for completion at this time. There should be around 59 separate entries! (TA may do this check in White 3 and White 4, allowing Mme Durst to focus on individual pronunciation assistance.)
[45 minutes] Mega-Conversation Practice
- Mme Durst begins by asking each student what he she likes to eat for breakfast. Students should be ready for follow-up questions! (Alternate between teacher and TA in White 3 and White 4.)
- Then Mme Durst reviews past oral questions from Semester Oral Exam and our recent Chapter 5 oral quiz.
[30 minutes] Introduce New Grammar: the partitive! p. 188
- We know that de can be used as a preposition meaning "of" or "from."
- New: we can also use de to express the idea of "some":
- Je prends du café: "I'm having some coffee."
- Mireille prend de la confiture: "Mireille is having some jam."
- Nous prenons des crêpes!: "We're having some crepes!"
Les Devoirs: Write ten original sentences using the partitive and terms from Vocab 6.1.
- Each sentence should have a different subject (i.e., a different person eating or having or wanting something) and a different direct object (a different food being eaten or had or wanted).
- Pay attention to whether you need du, de la, or des.
- Write two sentences in the negative, saying the subject doesn't want any of whatever you're talking about.