- Write out sentences responding to each of the oral commands on the Chapter 5 Oral Quiz by saying (in French), "I already did that."
- Théâtre de l'imperatif réflexif absurde! Do it/Don't do it skits!
- Compose a brief absurdist skit using reflexive commands:
- 1: "Do A!"
- 3: "Don't do A; do B!"
- 1: "Don't do B; do C!"
- 3: "Don't do C: do D!"
- 1: "Don't do D; do E!"
- 3: "Don't do E; do F!"
- 1: "Don't do F!"
- 2: "Hey, let's do G!"
- 1 & 3: "O.K.!"
- #2 acts out all of the commands given by #1 and #3.
- #1 and #3 join #2 in doing what #2 suggests at the end.
- You conduct this conversation in French, of course.
- Prepare this skit to present in class next time!
- No notes!
[5 minutes] Warm up for Skits!
- CAH checks homework during this time.
[15 minutes] Absurdist skits!
- CAH grades on alignment of commands and actions, pronunciation.
[30 minutes] Oral Quiz Practice!
- First, students practice oral quiz questions face to face: students move around room, first five minutes asking each other what they did last night/this morning; then second five minutes giving the commands and responding physically.
- Then CAH drills the entire room on the commands, then asks students individually the last night/this morning questions.
- Then students ask CAH questions!
[40 minutes] Grammar Review! (pp. 162, 164, 174, 176)
- First drill the tout/toute/tous/toutes forms in written drill.
- Then practice reflexive verbs au tableau!
Les Devoirs: rien... but come prepared to ace both the Chapter 5 Grammar Quiz (reflexive verbs in present, past, and imperative; forms of tout) and the Chapter 5 Oral Quiz on Wednesday!