[30 minutes] Chapter 5 Grammar Quiz!
[60 minutes] Chapter 5 Oral Quiz!
While CAH gives oral quizzes one on one in hallway, students work on the new verb homework!
Les Devoirs: Six New Verbs!
- Write out conjugations for these six verbs (taken from the top 100 common French words list we've previously reviewed):
- suivre = "to follow; to take (a course)"
- prendre = "to take; to have (something to eat)"
- croire = "to believe"
- penser = "to think"
- laisser = "to leave" (as in "I am leaving a book on the table," not "I am leaving for New York!")
- donner = "to give"
- Translate the following sentences from English into French:
- Our teachers give lots of homework.
- We believe our brother's story [the French use the same word for story and history].
- The dog is following the cat to the beach.
- Hey! That girl is taking my bicycle!
- I think that (que) you have a great idea.
- We are giving bike helmets to the children.
- Do you believe the teacher?
- We're going to leave our skis in the car.
- Mom is going to have/take some coffee.
- The students just thought of the answer.
- We just left our guitars at the lake.
- I am taking (suivre!) a biology class.