[25 minutes] l'examen de vocabulaire 4.2 pp. 146–149
[5 minutes] Semester 2 Vocab Survey!
- Democracy breaks out! CAH takes votes on which chapters we should cover next!
- Students may vote for the chapters they want to do this semester and the order in which they want to do them by voting in this survey!
- CAH takes votes through the end of the school day Monday, February 11.
- CAH will choose the sequence of chapters we do for the rest of the semester based on the cumulative rank scores from this survey.
[60 minutes] Reading Practice!
- CAH randomly assigns each student one page from pp. 170–179.
- Students must read, transcribe, and translate their given page... in that order! First read it twice, silently then aloud. Then transcribe the French on the left half of a blank document. Then work up a translation of that text on the right half, trying to keep French-English translations side by side.
- Translate the words you know first; leave blanks for what you don't know, grind through that material with the dictionary after doing as much as you can with your own brain first.
- For Pete's sake, don't use Google Translate! Use the glossary, Larousse, WordReference.com, but no service where you type in entire sentences or paragraphs and get machine translations.
- By the end of this period (aujourd'hui!), show CAH your transcription.
- By the beginning of next period, show CAH your complete translation.