- Finish your travel slideshows, be prepared to present Thursday
- Write 8 French mini-dialogues of this form:
- "Are you going to do X?" (use aller + infinitive for futur proche!)
- "I just did X." (use venir de + infinitive for passé récent!)
- Each dialogue must use a different verb for "X" (chanter, étudier..., faire...).
And in quiz news:
- Vocab Quiz 5.2: Tuesday, Feb. 19
- Chapter 5 Grammar Quiz: Thursday, Feb. 21
- Chapter 5 Oral Quiz: Thursday, Feb. 21
[25 minutes] Student slideshows: Les vacances super! En français!
- CAH grades on meeting the above criteria (no English on slides or out of mouth!), plus pronunciation and preparation (knowing what you are going to say, being able to talk to us instead of staring at your own slides).
[25 minutes] Grammar Practice: venir! p. 168
- Students pair up: Student 1 asks one of the questions that Student 1 wrote in the future (using aller + infinitive!) for the homework; Student 2 answers with a sentence like the homework asked for saying so-and-so just did the action Student 1 asked about (venir de + infinitive!). Go back and forth this way through as many of the 8 questions on each student's homework as time allows.
- CAH checks homework during this time.
- Then each student writes one of her/his mini-dialogues au tableau! Review together!
[25 minutes] Oral Quiz Practice!
- CAH leads large-group drill on Chapter 5 Oral Quiz questions.
[15 minutes] Vocabulary Review! Vocab 5.2, pp. 162–165 & 170
- Students drill each other face à face!
- Don't forget the avoir idioms on p. 170!
Les Devoirs: rien! But study hard for Vocab Quiz 5.2 on Tuesday and the Grammar and Oral Quizzes on Thursday!